Saturday, February 7, 2009

For Presley...

                                          She loves dancing with her Belle wig ! 

I wanted to do this post so in 20 years or so when Presley has a 3 year old she will know why her kids are such boogers!  We have had a rough couple of days, actually a rough week or so leading up to the last couple of days.  Presley is sooo strong willed.  When she decides that she wants something or to do something she is very hard to persuade.  The other day she pulled out some beads, played with them, scattered them on the floor and then refused to pick them up.  I asked her nicely and then I kinda freaked out on her when Knox turned around with one in his mouth, the perfect size to choke on.  We had plans to go to lunch with 2 of her friends and with the threat that she couldn't go unless she picked up her mess, she still refused to touch her beads.  So using my wonderful parenting skills I picked them all up and threw them in the garbage.  I stuck by my guns and we didn't get to go to lunch with friends either.  This was all at about 11am so it was a wonderful start to our day.  Yesterday was just as bad with constant battles and her testing our resolve around every corner.  Needless to say Bry and I were really spent emotionally dealing with her obstinance.  Today however was wonderful !!! She minded so good, no melt downs when we said it was time to come in or time to clean up.  What in the world ?!  Parenting is such a roller coaster.  Thank you Presley for having such a good day ! We love you no matter what, but loving you when you are sweet and complacent is sooo much easier :)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

sYikes! It makes me nervous to think that they can be so naughty some times! But like you said, in 20 years or so she will apologize and give you a present or something. I am proud of you for being so tough, I probably would have just cleaned them up and quietly cursed her. Good job mommy!

Kate said...

I swear --- these DRAMA queen girls give us mommies a run for our money!!! I hear ya Cyn!! I HEAR YA!