Saturday, October 18, 2008

BYU Softball and Knox's first day of nursery !

So since most of you guys that read this are old BYU softball teammates, you all know that this past weekend was the first BYU softball reunion. We all knew that things were not going to go too smooth and with the late notice those (which is most of us) that live outside UT didn't really have time to plan and get plane tickets. And thirdly, almost half of you guys are prego, so another reason you couldn't hop on a plane. But WOW is all I have to say ! 12 of us showed up this morning for the Alumni game, which was soooo fun !! And then for the dinner and getting to know the new team thing, there were 5 ! A little disappointing ?? YES ! I did love spending time with the girls that came and letting our babies play. They were all so cute ! But really- there are like 20 + of us that live here in UT right now. We are only .5 miles from the stadium so we are at a little of an advantage, but most everyone that is still here is within a 2 hour drive. Alright- so I was a little disappointed, but now you know to plan for next year. I heard that they are already working on a date for next year . Most of you will have babies that are at least 5-6 months old that we will all be anxious to meet, so mark your calendars. It was so fun to play with the other has beens and to hear the babies yelling "go mommy". So anyway- To the girls that came: It was so fun to hang out and see you and your families- and to those that for whatever reason couldn't make it - I miss ya and hope to see you soon.
I love you all and thank you for making such fun memories !

Now on to Knox's first day of nursery... Knox had his 18 month birthday on friday :), so now he is old enough to go to nursery and we took him today and dropped him off and he never looked back ! Our 18 months of walking the halls are finally over with this baby. When we picked him up they said he did awesome. Way to go my little man ! Here he is before church.

5 comments:

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

yay, if I wasn't about to pop, I would have love to have been there! Those slackers, where were they? Maybe next year...

Lance and Ariel said...

aw...my heart is sad that i missed this :( next year for sure!!!

Mandy said...

So sad that I missed it! I will definately try to make it a priority next year. I am so proud of Knox, I really dont want to admit this, but I hate church now because of the torment of Addison and church! Yikes!

Barbi said...

Cynthia, it was great to see you and all the other alumni. We do hope that we have a better turn out in the future though.

Gordon said that next years alumni weekend will probably be the 2nd or 3rd Oct. weekend, whenever there ISN'T A BYU FOOTBALL game. We can't have the tournament at the same time as a football game due to parking issues. HTH

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Thanks Barbi for the heads up. Too bad we don't get to do it on a home FB game that would have been fun !