Saturday, March 15, 2008

Race Day !!

Alright- So I ran the Rex Lee Race for the Cure today. I did the 10k. My first 10k, but I just wanted to see where I was with my training for the half marathon next month in Nashville. I ran it in 1hr 1min. Not great, I was hoping for 54 minutes, but whatever. I was totally worked up by the energy of the crowd when I got there and it was crazy crowded. I tried to start in the back so all the speedsters would be in front and I wouldn't be run over. So it started great everyone was running, but about 400 meters into it people started walking and the curb jumping and the weaving in and out started...It was nuts !! It was like that for at least the first 3 miles and then the crowd separated and it was smooth sailing. It was freeeeezing this morning and my sweet family braved it and cheered me on at the start and they were there when I finished. Bry was done though- evidently Presley was being a handful and Knox had started to cry. But I was glad to see them there, it made the race that much more fun !! Don't mind my race face ! I was so stinking cold !

10 comments:

S.K. said...

Congratulations Cynthia, I hope to do that someday, but at this point I am no where near ready for something like that, so great job! You inspire me.

Sheri

Kate said...

That's awesome Cyn....I really hope to get into running this fall after the baby. I've always wanted to run some sort of marathon (or half)...let's plan one together in the spring of 09!

The Sharp Family said...

Way to go!!! Hey, we wanted to see if you guys wanted to come over tomorrow night? I can't find your phone number, or else I would have called, so if you check this today let us know! Love, lisa

Boydston Family said...

you didn't tell me you were running this race. i'm jealous good job. you look really good in this pic. Are those tights?? SO HOT!!!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Cyn, you are tiny! You pooped out two babies? You look great, and Liz is right about the tights... so hot right now!

TC Jolley said...

Nice job Cyn!!! You look HOT! I need to start running again... wish you lived here, we'd do it together :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome!!!

The Smiths said...

That is awesome! Congrats! It is amazing how pumped up the crowd can get you isn't it? So fun! Good luck with the next one!

Lauren Perry said...

Look at you girl!!! You are AWESOME! I am in complete awe at the fact that people run for enjoyment :) We need to play soon! Cannon misses Knox!

Lauren Perry said...

Look at you girl!!! You are AWESOME! I am in complete awe at the fact that people run for enjoyment :) We need to play soon! Cannon misses Knox!