Sunday, February 14, 2010

valentines day




another valentines day to mark off the list! we seem to be able to make up as many excuses as we can to support our capitalist corporate society. i guess it is our way of contributing to bringing us out of the financial depression that we are in and perpetually lining the pockets of the %6 that own everything.

well - all of that aside - i am glad that there is another day in our calendar year that i can affirm my love for my wife and my children. i am the happiest man in the world. i may be in debt up to my eyeballs, unemployed etc etc etc - but i am the happiest man in the world - even happier than the %6 - because...
i have a beautiful wife and wonderful children.

i love my life.
i love my wife.
i love my children.

life certainly has its twists and turns and ups and downs, but in spit of all of the down times i am filled with joy as i contemplate the beauty of family life. so, on this day i want to express my gratitude for a beautiful woman who has changed my world and continues to change it.

i love you cynthia ann. i love you. it astounds me that your body created the beautiful children that light up our lives. isn't that amazing - your body created our beautiful children!!! thank you. i love you. what else can i say? when could words ever be sufficient to express my love for you and for the wonderful children that you have created?

i hope that you all have a wonderful valentines day.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!


2 comments:

Hannah Ashmore said...

did dan take those pic of the kiddos. they are so great! he is such a talented photographer!

DanielleThorne said...

I love the trio picture of the kids. so cute.