Thursday, February 25, 2010

The difference a month can make...

I took Maryn in today to get her 4 months shots. We are on an alternate immunization schedule so we spread them out a bit. It has been almost a month exactly since we took her for her 4 month check( where she was almost 5 months). So today we are only days away from her turning 6 months. At 5 months she weighed 11 lbs 7oz, today she weighed 14 lbs 9oz !! She has chunked up so well. The first week in a half after her visit when we implemented just one bottle of formula a day she put on 1 lb 5 oz. So after seeing that we started add more bottles a day and I have been done breastfeeding now for about 5 days. She is such a sweet baby. She is sitting up on her own well. She started doing that about a week and a half ago. She has started on solid foods...bananas, sweet potatoes, peas, and green beans. She gets the shivers with the peas and green beans :). Her little personality has really started to blossom. She is a very cautious baby. She doesn't give smiles easily to people she doesn't know. Presley can get her to laugh at anything. Alright now on to Presley. Presley is still doing so well in school and has learned to write pretty good. She knows how to write all of the letters and has become interested in learning to read. She is such a smart little one. She over heard a conversation between myself and my Dr.'s office. I was having a little bit of postpartum and had said to the Dr. that I just really wanted to be nice to my children again. Anyway, so fastforward about 3 weeks and we are having an awful day. She turns to me, in only a way Presley can with her hands on her hips and her head cocked, " I thought you got medicine from the Dr. so you would be nice to your kids, it is NOT working." I couldn't help but laugh. I love her so much and sometime forget that she is only 4. Knox is fast approaching 3. He has started throwing some awesome fits. I mean the kind that last 40 minutes +. He has such a sense of humor for a 2 year old. He is in a stage where when anyone leaves he gets upset and says "Im gonna miss (whoever)... Alright well enjoy the pics :)
Maryn @ 5 months
Maryn @ 6 months :)


1 comment:

Kate said...

Cute pics!! and HILARIOUS story about Pres!!! Classic!