Sunday, June 22, 2008

7777777























i knew it then
but my heart belonged to another
seems like a cruel thing to have revealed in the service of the Master
only He knows hearts
and He knew mine
He knew that my heart was His
it still is
He knew that revelation would not yield my heart to another...
...not then
time and patience nourished the roots for a fruitful future
i knew her before i met her
i saw her in my youth
never knew how i would meet her
nor where the occasion would occur
but i knew it when it happened
and i locked it up in my heart until time and patience allowed nourishment to bear fruit
and i know now more than ever
7 years
the world travelled over
fish, birds, a cat, a dog...
babies!
sweet babies!
sweet beautiful babies!
life filled with joy unspeakable!
7 has been heaven
i yearn for 11...
...and beyond
a love that is not bound by time
nor ever shall be
bound for eternity
hands clasped in covenant
forever...
forever...
forever...
there is no other to share such joy with
i love her
i thank her for 7
i yearn for 11 - and beyond
i knew it then
i know it now
i shall know it forever
when nourishment and care shall bear everlasting fruit
thank you for the best years of my life cynthia ann
I LOVE YOU!
Happy 7 Years!

6 comments:

S.K. said...

that is so beautiful!

Mandy said...

Congrats you two! That was a very sweet poem Brian...very impressed! So happy for you guys! Hopefully you did something very fun!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Brian is very smart! How intimidating :) Congrats on the 7 years... Your story is amazing.

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Thank you ! I love you- I love how you posted pics from some of our adventures, Rome, Holland...

Lance and Ariel said...

7 years?? are you sure thats right? holy cow, congrats, that is so amazing! did you guys get to do anything fun? oh yeah, and come visit me!

kristi lee said...

So sweet!