Thursday, September 4, 2008

Presley's new dresses...

So let me begin by saying I am no seamstress.  I have however started to sew.  My friend got this fun pinafore pattern to make dress up stuff for our daughters that would help encourage them to keep their play clothes on underneath.  They always wanted to take everything off to put on a tutu or whatever and it was getting to be a battle to keep them modest while allowing them to have fun.  Anyway, my friend has an awesome sewing machine (Bernina) So I did the majority of the sewing at her house. These are two of my finished products...Not bad for a beginner.  I have to say that I am pretty proud of myself, and Presley is super excited about her dresses.  So with this new found confidence, not too much but enough, I have decided to make her Halloween costume.  We went to JoAnn's last week and I let her pick a costume pattern and she chose to be BELLE, so tonight I cut out the pattern and over the next several weeks the sewing will begin.  I will post pics of it when I am done.  So here are the two dresses that I made...





And I did the hem so I can let it out as she grows.  My peanut is only 3, and it will grow with her until she is 6.  I hope the stitching can withhold this dancing wild woman.

6 comments:

Hannah Ashmore said...

Love the dress. Yup that is the same Jessica Stephenson. She is still dating Tim for I think like 10+ years. I keep hoping for an engagement. I also worked with Brittany Gibson and Ashley Bowling who played with you too I think.

charcoal portraits said...

what a beautiful little boy. I'm sure that he will be happy that this picture exists when he is older.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

You are a natural! I remember in my sewing class in high school I was making pajama pants and I totally sewed the pant legs together so it was one giant dress... haven't sewed since! But you are inspiring!

Boydston Family said...

supper cute miss molly mormon!!! i am impressed. knox needs little knight or prince costumes

Jason,Pauline,Emma said...

You did a great job there the dresses are cute and I know Presley will love wearing them.I can wait to see her halloween costume sounds great.

Unknown said...

So cute!! Babies love to wear this kind of fun loving dresses...